1 pound baby carrots
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 large dried Mexican chile
- Place the dried chile and carrots in a large canning jar.
- Boil the water, sugar, vinegar, onion powder, mustard seeds, salt, & red pepper flakes in a small saucepan for 4 minutes.
- Pour the liquid over the carrots, filling to the top.
- Cool at room temperature before sealing. Then, store in the refridgerator for 2 days before eating.
- Will keep for about 1 week.
adapted from Alton Brown
Check out my fireworks feast from last year for more Fourth of July picnic-friendly foods!
So pretty and I imagine they taste as good as they look!
Post a Comment