My upcoming classes include a couple of Girls' Night Out demo classes on December 20 and February 21. The first is a champagne-laced feast that features seared scallops with risotto and white chocolate cupcakes. The latter is an Italian-inspired meal with shrimp scampi and limoncello tiramisù.
I also have several Date Night for Couples classes, including a chili cook-off on January 25 and a beer pairing class on March 29. Once again, I'm throwing an Ultimate Cocktail Party on December 21 with a couple drinks and several appetizers.
My Valentine's Day class will be held on February 7 and feature lobster bisque and fresh linguine with lobster arrabbiata sauce.
I'm also teaching my popular Harry Potter kids' cooking class on January 4 and March 15.
Below is my schedule through March. To register, call Kitchen Conservatory at 314-862-2665 or register online.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: CONTINENTAL AND COASTAL CROATIA - November 9 @ 5:00-7:30 (hands-on)
- Discover authentic Croatian cuisine from the coast to the continent, as I share my grandmother's recipes. You will learn to create cevapcici - lamb meatballs with an eggplant-pepper relish (ajvar), brodet - fish stew with shrimp and mussels and cod, sarma - cabbage rolls stuffed with beef and pork and rice in a tomato sauce, blitva - sautéed potatoes and Swiss chard, plus potica - sweet walnut rolls.
SUPPER BOWL SUNDAY - November 16 @ 12:30-3:00 (hands-on)
- Join me in the kitchen to create four steaming pots of soup: andouille and corn chowder, creamy butternut squash and ginger soup, egg drop soup with homemade pressure cooker chicken stock, lamb minestrone, plus quick and easy yeast-risen baguettes.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: SUSHI U FOR TWO - November 30 @ 5:00-7:30 OR March 7 @ 6:00-8:30 (hands-on)
- This menu includes tempura-fried shrimp rolls, sesame tuna hand rolls, smoked eel rolls, spicy scallop rolls, hot-smoked salmon rolls with mango and jalapeño, plus ginger-peach green tea ice cream - all served with cold beer.
GIRLS' NIGHT OUT: BUBBLES! - December 20 @ 6:30-9:00 (demonstration)
- Who doesn't love the sound of a popping champagne cork? Celebrate the season as I make pomegranate champagne punch, pear and endive salad with gorgonzola and a champagne vinaigrette, seared scallops in champagne-mushroom sauce, champagne risotto, plus white chocolate cupcakes with champagne buttercream frosting.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: THE ULTIMATE COCKTAIL PARTY - December 21 @ 5:00-7:30 (hands-on)
- In the midst of a festive holiday season, we will mix up cranberry-champagne sangria and gingersnap-apple vodka martinis. Then learn to create a dazzling spread of roasted five-spice cashews, baked cheddar coins with pecan-pepper jelly, caramelized onion bread topped with olives and anchovies, smoked shrimp with cilantro-lime yogurt dipping sauce, plus homemade marshmallow s'more skewers.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: HIGH STEAKS - December 27 @ 6:30-9:00 (hands-on)
- Menu includes bruschetta with winter fruit, brie & fennel-infused honey; smoked lentil salad with creamy Sriracha dressing; cedar-grilled flat iron steaks with cayenne-coffee rub; sweet potato and goat cheese "tater tots"; bacon-wrapped green beans with brown sugar and garlic butter; and salted caramel pots de crème.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: LIFE IS A CABERNET - January 3 @ 6:00-8:30 (hands on)
- We'll prepare mushroom-red pepper salad with red wine-herb vinaigrette, oven-roasted beef tenderloin with roasted red grape wine sauce, homemade black pepper fettuccine with chardonnay cream sauce, plus fabulous flourless chocolate-red wine cake with rosemary ganache -- all enjoyed with a glass of cabernet wine.
HEIR AND A PARENT: WIZARDS IN THE KITCHEN - January 4 @ 1:00-3:30 OR March 15 @ 12:30-3:00 (hands on)
- Attention all Muggles! Experience the world of Harry Potter and make magic in the kitchen as I help you prepare delightful dishes described throughout the J.K. Rowling series, including The Three Broomsticks' butterbeer, ham-and-cheese pasties from the Hogwarts house-elves, and Mrs. Weasley's potatoes with béchamel sauce. Before you apparate home, you'll make Aunt Petunia's individual berry-pudding trifles. This class is designed for children, at least 7 years of age, plus a parent.