My upcoming classes include a couple of Girls' Night Out demo classes on December 20 and February 21. The first is a champagne-laced feast that features seared scallops with risotto and white chocolate cupcakes. The latter is an Italian-inspired meal with shrimp scampi and limoncello tiramisù.
I also have several Date Night for Couples classes, including a chili cook-off on January 25 and a beer pairing class on March 29. Once again, I'm throwing an Ultimate Cocktail Party on December 21 with a couple drinks and several appetizers.
My Valentine's Day class will be held on February 7 and feature lobster bisque and fresh linguine with lobster arrabbiata sauce.
I'm also teaching my popular Harry Potter kids' cooking class on January 4 and March 15.
Below is my schedule through March. To register, call Kitchen Conservatory at 314-862-2665 or register online.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: CONTINENTAL AND COASTAL CROATIA - November 9 @ 5:00-7:30 (hands-on)
- Discover authentic Croatian cuisine from the coast to the continent, as I share my grandmother's recipes. You will learn to create cevapcici - lamb meatballs with an eggplant-pepper relish (ajvar), brodet - fish stew with shrimp and mussels and cod, sarma - cabbage rolls stuffed with beef and pork and rice in a tomato sauce, blitva - sautéed potatoes and Swiss chard, plus potica - sweet walnut rolls.
SUPPER BOWL SUNDAY - November 16 @ 12:30-3:00 (hands-on)
- Join me in the kitchen to create four steaming pots of soup: andouille and corn chowder, creamy butternut squash and ginger soup, egg drop soup with homemade pressure cooker chicken stock, lamb minestrone, plus quick and easy yeast-risen baguettes.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: SUSHI U FOR TWO - November 30 @ 5:00-7:30 OR March 7 @ 6:00-8:30 (hands-on)
- This menu includes tempura-fried shrimp rolls, sesame tuna hand rolls, smoked eel rolls, spicy scallop rolls, hot-smoked salmon rolls with mango and jalapeño, plus ginger-peach green tea ice cream - all served with cold beer.
GIRLS' NIGHT OUT: BUBBLES! - December 20 @ 6:30-9:00 (demonstration)
- Who doesn't love the sound of a popping champagne cork? Celebrate the season as I make pomegranate champagne punch, pear and endive salad with gorgonzola and a champagne vinaigrette, seared scallops in champagne-mushroom sauce, champagne risotto, plus white chocolate cupcakes with champagne buttercream frosting.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: THE ULTIMATE COCKTAIL PARTY - December 21 @ 5:00-7:30 (hands-on)
- In the midst of a festive holiday season, we will mix up cranberry-champagne sangria and gingersnap-apple vodka martinis. Then learn to create a dazzling spread of roasted five-spice cashews, baked cheddar coins with pecan-pepper jelly, caramelized onion bread topped with olives and anchovies, smoked shrimp with cilantro-lime yogurt dipping sauce, plus homemade marshmallow s'more skewers.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: HIGH STEAKS - December 27 @ 6:30-9:00 (hands-on)
- Menu includes bruschetta with winter fruit, brie & fennel-infused honey; smoked lentil salad with creamy Sriracha dressing; cedar-grilled flat iron steaks with cayenne-coffee rub; sweet potato and goat cheese "tater tots"; bacon-wrapped green beans with brown sugar and garlic butter; and salted caramel pots de crème.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: LIFE IS A CABERNET - January 3 @ 6:00-8:30 (hands on)
- We'll prepare mushroom-red pepper salad with red wine-herb vinaigrette, oven-roasted beef tenderloin with roasted red grape wine sauce, homemade black pepper fettuccine with chardonnay cream sauce, plus fabulous flourless chocolate-red wine cake with rosemary ganache -- all enjoyed with a glass of cabernet wine.
HEIR AND A PARENT: WIZARDS IN THE KITCHEN - January 4 @ 1:00-3:30 OR March 15 @ 12:30-3:00 (hands on)
- Attention all Muggles! Experience the world of Harry Potter and make magic in the kitchen as I help you prepare delightful dishes described throughout the J.K. Rowling series, including The Three Broomsticks' butterbeer, ham-and-cheese pasties from the Hogwarts house-elves, and Mrs. Weasley's potatoes with béchamel sauce. Before you apparate home, you'll make Aunt Petunia's individual berry-pudding trifles. This class is designed for children, at least 7 years of age, plus a parent.
VALENTINE FOR COUPLES: FAIRY "TAIL" ROMANCE - February 7 @6:00-8:30 (hands on)
- Share a romantic evening in the kitchen with the one you love, as this hands-on class creates a decadent dinner, starting with fried artichoke salad with greens, pistachios, goat cheese, capers, and drizzled with balsamic reduction. Couples will learn to make three-cheese crostini topped with honey, luscious lobster bisque, fresh linguine with lobster arrabbiata tomato sauce, plus individual chocolate-raspberry pavlovas.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: SALSA SALSA DINE AND DANCE - January 17 @ 6:00-9:00 (hands on)
- Grab your partner and join us for a unique experience of dancing and dining. The evening begins with a one-hour Latin salsa dance lesson with a dance instructor from COCA, that will spark your appetite for a memorable evening in the kitchen. Refresh your thirst with a mojito and an appetizer of fried corn tortilla chips with black bean dip. Then prepare grilled shrimp quesadillas with smoked tomato salsa, roasted pork tenderloin with papaya-mango salsa and yellow Cuban rice, plus banana cream pie with chocolate crumb crust.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: THE BIG CHILL-I COOK-OFF - January 25 @ 5:00-7:30 (hands on)
- Let the battle begin, as couples create and choose their favorite chili for a spirited evening of cooking, fun, and a little beer to wash it down. Learn to make roasted corn and jalapeño dip with fresh tortilla chips, Carolina pulled pork chili, Cincinnati chili with spaghetti, "real" Texas chili (without beans), and finish with delicious root beer sorbet.
GIRLS' NIGHT OUT: THIS GIRL IS ON FIRE - February 21 @ 6:30-9:00 (demonstration)
- Enjoy a prosecco cocktail, antipasti with marinated mozzarella and citrus-roasted olives, shrimp scampi with fennel, seared scallops on balsamic-tomato risotto, plus individual limoncello tiramisù.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: GOLDILOCKS AND THE THREE BEERS - March 29 @ 5:00-7:30 (hands on)
- We'll prepare beer cheese fondue with soft pretzels, local lager with spicy sriracha chicken wings, fruity Belgian wheat beer with grilled scallops and corn salad, plus creamy stout with chocolate hazelnut cake and vanilla ice cream.
Post a Comment