Susie would almost always make cookie dough brownies--brownies topped with gooey cookie dough & a layer of melted chocolate--and everyone loved them. Here's her recipe:
Cookie Dough Brownies
1 pan of brownies, baked & cooled
- Use your favorite brownie recipe (or boxed brownies).
- Use a 9x13 pan, or if you want thicker brownies use an 8x8 pan.
For the cookie dough:
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
6 tablespoons milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
- With a stand mixer (paddle attachment), cream the butter & sugars together until well-blended.
- Add the extract & milk, blend until incorporated.
- Slowly add in the flour & stir until combined. Spread on top of the cooled brownies.
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon unsalted butter (or vegetable shortening)
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a double-boiler (or in the microwave).
- Pour over the cookie dough. Let cool to set before serving.