I am SO happy about the election results. You have no idea. The last two elections were deeply disappointing to me. I couldn't believe, especially, that this country elected Bush to a second term. It baffled--and stunned--me. It made me sad.
Yesterday's election results give me such hope for this country. It makes me proud to call America my home...and that's something I don't think I've ever said before!
Last night, I made a pot of Obama's---PRESIDENT Obama's (I can't say it enough!)--chili for dinner while watching the election results.
President Obama's Family Chili Recipe1 large onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
Several cloves of garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground turkey or beef
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/4 teaspoon ground basil
1 tablespoon chili powder
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Several tomatoes, depending on size, chopped
1 can red kidney beans, drained
- Saute onions, green pepper and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Add ground meat and brown.
- Combine spices together into a mixture, then add to ground meat.
- Add red wine vinegar.
- Add tomatoes and let simmer, until tomatoes cook down.
- Add kidney beans and cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve over white or brown rice. Garnish with grated cheddar cheese, onions and sour cream.