I am SO happy about the election results. You have no idea. The last two elections were deeply disappointing to me. I couldn't believe, especially, that this country elected Bush to a second term. It baffled--and stunned--me. It made me sad.
Yesterday's election results give me such hope for this country. It makes me proud to call America my home...and that's something I don't think I've ever said before!
Last night, I made a pot of Obama's---PRESIDENT Obama's (I can't say it enough!)--chili for dinner while watching the election results.
President Obama's Family Chili Recipe1 large onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
Several cloves of garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground turkey or beef
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/4 teaspoon ground basil
1 tablespoon chili powder
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Several tomatoes, depending on size, chopped
1 can red kidney beans, drained
- Saute onions, green pepper and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Add ground meat and brown.
- Combine spices together into a mixture, then add to ground meat.
- Add red wine vinegar.
- Add tomatoes and let simmer, until tomatoes cook down.
- Add kidney beans and cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve over white or brown rice. Garnish with grated cheddar cheese, onions and sour cream.
YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! *fist bump*
I express your sentiments exactly. We were thrilled with the outcome of this race after being extremely disappointed and frustrated from the last two presidential elections.
In honor of PRESIDENT Obama, and yes, that has SUCH a nice ring, we're having his chili tonight. Thanks for sharing.
Denise Evans (from the KC Book Club)
Post a Comment