And since I don't have any new recipes to post (It's been fairly boring in my kitchen lately & I've been too busy to cook), I decided to post my own "About Food And Me" list.
1. I buy rotisserie chickens from the supermarket just so I can eat the crispy skin off.
2. Today, I ate mashed up avocado on toast for breakfast.
3. I could eat pasta every day.
4. I am addicted to caffeine.
5. New Orleans is my favorite food city, but I haven't been there since Hurricane Katrina. Now, it scares me.
6. I've met Tyler Florence, Morimoto, Rick Bayless, Hubert Keller, Jacques Pepin, & Diana Kennedy.
7. My favorite restaurant experience was at Tru in Chicago several years ago. The meal (with wine & tip) for two cost $500, but it was worth every penny.
8. I go through phases where I can't eat eggs. Sometimes, they gross me out.
9. I could easily be a vegetarian.
10. I have a weakness for potato chips & French fries.
11. I've eaten way too much bacon in the past couple years.
12. My dream job is to be a personal chef.
13. I have red KitchenAid counter-top appliances.
14. My boyfriend is a fabulous cook, and I completely trust him in the kitchen.
15. I wish I lived in the country so that I could have a huge garden and keep chickens.
16. I read cookbooks cover to cover like novels.
17. I haven't eaten a pre-packaged frozen meal in many years.
18. I think about food more than anything else.
19. I've come to appreciate people who hunt for food more than for sport.
20. I consider eating a hot dog a treat.
21. I only go to sporting events for the food.
22. I don't like cilantro; it tastes metallic to me, and this is apparently a genetic thing.
23. I go to grocery stores for fun.
24. Popcorn is my favorite snack.
25. I have the same kind of cookie jar on my counter that Monica had on Friends.