I'm also teaching two new Girls' Night Out demonstration classes: Italian food on January 11 (featuring ricotta-spinach gnudi in parmesan broth & sautéed garlic shrimp with saffron orzo) and Asian food on February 1. This new menu includes Thai-spiced hot crab dip, smoked salmon and edamame panzanella salad, red curry noodles with shrimp and scallops, & cardamom-caramel apple cake.
As usual, I'm teaching several Date Night for Couples classes: A chili cook-off with three different recipes on January 19, sushi on January 25, and a menu featuring all foods made with rum on March 23 (coconut bisque with rum flambé, macadamia-crusted scallops with rum beurre blanc, jerk pork tenderloin with spiced rum glaze, Caribbean rice, & mini-hot buttered rum cheesecakes).
I'm also repeating one of my popular kids' pasta classes (for ages 7-12) on March 8.
Below is my schedule through March. To register, call Kitchen Conservatory at 314-862-2665 or register online.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: SALSA SALSA DINE AND DANCE - December 21 @ 6:00-9:00 (hands-on)
- Grab your partner and join us for a unique experience of dancing and dining. The evening begins with a one-hour Latin salsa dance lesson with a dance instructor from COCA, that will spark your appetite for an incredible evening in the kitchen. Refresh your thirst with a mojito, as this hands-on class prepares fried corn tortilla chips with black bean dip, grilled shrimp quesadillas with smoked tomato salsa, roasted pork tenderloin with papaya-mango salsa and yellow Cuban rice, plus banana cream pie with chocolate crumb crust.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: THE ULTIMATE COCKTAIL PARTY - December 22 @ 5:00-7:30 (hands-on)
- In the midst of a festive holiday season, join me in creating the ultimate cocktail party. This hands-on class will mix up cranberry-champagne sangria and gingersnap-apple vodka martinis. Learn to create a dazzling spread of roasted five-spice cashews, baked cheddar coins with pecan-pepper jelly, caramelized onion bread topped with olives and anchovies, smoked shrimp with cilantro-lime yogurt dipping sauce, plus homemade marshmallow s'more skewers.
GIRLS' NIGHT OUT: BELLA OF THE BALL - January 11 @ 6:30-9:00 (demonstration)
- Peach bellini, baked goat cheese with spicy tomato sauce, ricotta-spinach gnudi in parmesan broth, sautéed garlic shrimp with saffron orzo, plus rosemary-lemon gelato.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: THE BIG CHILL-I COOK-OFF - January 19 @ 5:00-7:30 (hands-on)
- Let the battle begin, as couples create and choose their favorite chili for a spirited evening of cooking, fun, and a little beer to wash it down. Learn to make roasted corn and jalapeño dip with fresh tortilla chips, Carolina pulled pork chili, Cincinnati chili with spaghetti, "real" Texas chili (without beans), and finish with delicious root beer sorbet.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: SUSHI U FOR TWO - January 25 @ 6:00-8:30 (hands-on)
- Tempura-fried shrimp rolls, sesame tuna hand rolls, unagi smoked eel rolls, spicy scallop rolls, hot-smoked salmon rolls with mango and jalapeño, plus ginger-peach green tea ice cream - all served with cold beer.
GIRLS' NIGHT OUT: SEA ASIA - February 1 @ 6:30-9:00 (demonstration)
- You need not travel far to experience the cuisine of Asia with a menu highlighting delectable seafood: Thai-spiced hot crab dip with baked pita chips, smoked salmon and edamame panzanella salad, red curry noodles with shrimp and scallops, plus cardamom-caramel apple cake and an Asian pear martini.
BEER TODAY, GONE TOMORROW - February 23 @ 12:30-3:00 (hands-on)
- A variety of beers is a key ingredient in all these recipes: soft pretzels with Welsh rarebit, beer-steamed mussels with chorizo sausage, braised Korean short ribs, spicy Spanish potatoes, plus chocolate stout cake with cream cheese icing.
THE APPRENTICE CHEF: ON TOP OF SPAGHETTI - March 8 @ 10:30-12:30 (hands-on)
- For aspiring chefs, children from ages 7 to 12. We'll make homemade spaghetti noodles with meatballs, marinara sauce, & cheesy Alfredo sauce, and chocolate gelato for dessert.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: LIFE IS A CABERNET - March 15 @ 6:00-8:30 (hands-on)
- Learn to cook with the wonderful flavors of wine in this delightful hands-on class with Kelly. The class designed for couples will prepare mushroom-red pepper salad with red wine-herb vinaigrette, oven-roasted beef tenderloin with roasted red grape wine sauce, homemade black pepper fettuccine with chardonnay cream sauce, plus fabulous flourless chocolate-red wine cake with rosemary ganache -- all enjoyed with a glass of cabernet wine.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: READY TO RUM-BLE - March 23 @ 5:00-7:30 (hands-on)
- Couples can face off to choose their favorite rum-inspired dish, as this hands-on class joins Kelly Gardner in the kitchen for a spirited evening. Learn to prepare coconut bisque with rum flambé, macadamia-crusted scallops with rum beurre blanc, jerk pork tenderloin with spiced rum glaze, Caribbean rice, mini-hot buttered rum cheesecakes with caramel sauce, plus a piña-limonada cocktail.