So, I'll just say this:
Life isn't going as I'd planned or hoped. I am heartbroken. Again.
Doesn't that seem to be a reoccurring theme for me?
But, I'm dealing with it as best I can. Trying my hardest to heal myself and to be a better, stronger person. Keeping some hope--what little there might be--alive. For now.
Because I have to. I have to belief in love and happiness.
Besides, cake always makes it a little better, right?
Caramel Apple Cake
recipe slightly adapted from Sugar Bean BakersFor the cake:
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup bourbon caramel sauce
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 medium apples, peeled, cored, and diced
For the topping:
1/4 cup butter, cold
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x9 baking pan and set aside.
- To make the cake: Beat together melted butter, brown sugar, and egg until fluffy. Add in caramel sauce. After incorporated mix in dry ingredients. Finally, fold in apples. Pour into prepared pan.
- To make the topping: In a small mixing bowl, cut the cold butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles peas. Sprinkle over prepared cake.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before serving, drizzle with additional caramel sauce, if desired.
So sorry to hear your heart is hurting right now and certainly hope there is brightness and lightness ahead for you.
Thank you. That means a lot.
Cake makes everything a tiny bit better ... especially caramel apple cake!
Looking forward to seeing you on Monday!
Post a Comment