So, I'll just say this:
Life isn't going as I'd planned or hoped. I am heartbroken. Again.
Doesn't that seem to be a reoccurring theme for me?
But, I'm dealing with it as best I can. Trying my hardest to heal myself and to be a better, stronger person. Keeping some hope--what little there might be--alive. For now.
Because I have to. I have to belief in love and happiness.
Besides, cake always makes it a little better, right?
Caramel Apple Cake
recipe slightly adapted from Sugar Bean BakersFor the cake:
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup bourbon caramel sauce
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 medium apples, peeled, cored, and diced
For the topping:
1/4 cup butter, cold
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x9 baking pan and set aside.
- To make the cake: Beat together melted butter, brown sugar, and egg until fluffy. Add in caramel sauce. After incorporated mix in dry ingredients. Finally, fold in apples. Pour into prepared pan.
- To make the topping: In a small mixing bowl, cut the cold butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles peas. Sprinkle over prepared cake.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before serving, drizzle with additional caramel sauce, if desired.