DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: BURGER U FOR TWO - Sunday, Oct. 3 @ 5:00-7:30 (hands-on)
- Class is in session, and Jerad & I share classy burgers for a remarkable evening designed for couples. This hands-on class will heat up the kitchen with pressed Cuban burgers, Carolina barbecue pork burgers, and tuna burgers with roasted garlic-tomato aïoli. Create the perfect French fries, beer-battered onion rings with blue cheese dipping sauce, and sip on roasted pineapple-rum milkshakes.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: LIFE IS A CABERET - Sunday, Oct. 10 @ 5:00-7:30 (hands-on)
- Learn to cook with the wonderful flavors of wine in this delightful hands-on class. I'll help you prepare mushroom-red pepper salad with red wine-herb vinaigrette, oven-roasted beef tenderloin with roasted red grape wine sauce, homemade ravioli stuffed with ricotta and nuts with a creamy asparagus chardonnay sauce, plus fabulous flourless chocolate-red wine cake with rosemary ganache -- all enjoyed with cabernet wine.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: FRANK 'N STEIN - Sunday, Oct. 24 @ 5:00-7:30 (hands-on)
- This class will make sesame-honey cocktail sausages, grilled local salsiccia with grilled fennel relish, sweet corn pudding, seared romaine with balsamic vinaigrette, plus chocolate whoopie pies with salted caramel filling. Jerad shares his love of beer with two perfect pairings.
GIRLS' NIGHT OUT: VEG OUT! - Saturday, Oct. 20 @ 6:00-8:30 (demonstration)
- Spend a relaxing evening sipping on lime-cherry vodka cocktails, as I prepare incredible vegetarian dishes. Enjoy beluga lentil crostini with goat cheese, creamy wild rice soup with sweet potato croutons, shredded green beans with citrus and chives, mushroom-spinach-tofu black tea spring rolls with mango chutney dipping sauce, plus crisp brown rice "power bars" with dried fruit and nuts.
THE APPRENTICE CHEF: ROLL, ROLL, ROLL YOUR SUSHI - Saturday, Nov. 6 @ 10:00 am-12:00 pm (hands-on) For aspiring chefs, children ages 7 to 12.
- Get out of the house today and into the kitchen rolling sushi. Start by making sticky sushi rice, and choose your favorite ingredients to create a variety of maki rolls, including tuna, crab, shrimp, and colorful vegetables. Be an artist creating crazy candy sushi, using fruit-by-the-foot and lots of fun candy.
- This hands-on class for couples is all about the Cajun cuisine of New Orleans and hard ciders! Jerad has selected two incredible ciders to pair with fried pickles and bacon-wrapped grilled jalapeños stuffed with chorizo. Learn to create andouille-pork burgers, sweet potato fries, red beans and rice, plus white chocolate bread pudding with bourbon sauce.
GIRLS' NIGHT OUT: WINE BAR TAPAS - Saturday, Nov. 13 @ 6:30-9:00 (demonstration)
- Raise a toast as I bring the wine bar to a different level with delicious tapas. Start with roasted olives spiced with orange and chile, a glass of white wine paired with walnut-stilton shortbread topped with pears and mascarpone, grilled bruschetta with tuna and capers, a glass of red wine paired with fried goat cheese with tomato chutney, and polenta bites with roasted mushrooms and caramelized onions. Finish with rosemary-chocolate truffles.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: GROWN-UPS' MAC-AND-CHEESE - Sunday, Nov. 21 @ 5:00-7:30 (hands-on)
- Mac-and-cheese has never tasted so sophisticated! Couples will love the adult version of three luscious interpretations of this classic dish, as this hands-on class creates orzo with mascarpone and butter-poached lobster, souffléed mac-and-cheese with gouda and smoked paprika, and the ultimate baked mac-and-cheese with peas and bacon. Sip on a rum-ginger beer cocktail, and make fennel-apple salad with apple cider vinaigrette, plus key lime sorbet.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: FROM BEER TO SUSHI ETERNITY - Friday, Nov. 26 @ 6:00-8:30 (hands-on)
- Be prepared for a fun evening of sushi designed just for couples. Enjoy salt-and-pepper edamame, then learn to prepare sticky sushi rice and make a variety of hand-formed nigiri, and rolled maki, including spicy tuna rolls, California rolls and Philadelphia rolls -- all served with cold beer that Jerad has chosen to pair perfectly with sushi. Finally, we'll make lemongrass sorbet for a refreshing dessert.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: THE ULTIMATE COCKTAIL PARTY - Sunday, Dec. 26 @ 5:00-7:30 (hands-on)
- Before they start playing Auld Lang Syne, join us in the kitchen to shake up orange-rosemary mojitos and ginger-gin rickeys. Learn to create a dazzling spread with chile-garlic peanuts, chorizo corn "pups", mini tomato-ricotta tarte Tatins, Caesar salad bites in parmesan cups, seared ahi tuna nachos with avocado-corn salsa, plus s'more shooters.
- I prove that it is not which wines to match with food, but rather how to prepare your food to perfectly balance with your favorite wines! Enjoy an outrageous evening, starting with buttered popcorn to highlight the butteriness of chardonnay, aromatic sautéed lemongrass-lime shrimp with riesling, seared beef tenderloin with mushroom-cabernet sauce paired with cabernet, stilton and pears with port, plus a fabulous flourless chocolate-red wine cake with rosemary ganache served with red wine.
- Attention all Muggles! Experience the world of Harry Potter and make magic in the kitchen as I help you prepare delightful dishes described throughout the J.K. Rowling series, including The Three Broomsticks' butterbeer, ham & cheese pasties from the Hogwarts house-elves, Mrs. Weasley's potatoes with béchamel sauce, and Aunt Petunia's individual berry & pudding trifles. Before you apparate home, you'll make edible wands to help ward off He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. This class is designed for children, at least 7 years of age, plus a parent.
Call Kitchen Conservatory at 314-862-2665 or register online.