Kitchen Conservatory's spring schedule is now available online!
My classes include two new Girls' Night Out menus: French-inspired cuisine on April 23 and a shrimp feast on June 25.
I'm also teaching a new brunch class for Mother's Day featuring savory French toast, hash brown-crust quiche, and mimosa sorbet.
Below is my schedule through June. To register, call Kitchen Conservatory at 314-862-2665 or register online.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: GOLDILOCKS AND THE THREE BEERS - Sunday, April 10 @ 5:00-7:30 pm (hands-on)
- This hands-on class will enjoy beer cheese fondue with soft pretzels, local lager with spicy sriracha chicken wings, fruity Belgian wheat beer with grilled scallops and corn salad, plus creamy stout with chocolate hazelnut cake and vanilla ice cream.
SATURDAY NIGHT SUSHI - Saturday, April 16 @ 6:30-9:00 pm (hands-on)
- Menu includes tempura vegetables, miso soup, edamame salad with ginger-soy dressing, crab and mango rolls with teriyaki glaze, spicy tuna hand rolls, crunchy shrimp rolls with avocado-chile cream, and sweet plum ice cream.
GIRLS' NIGHT OUT: OUI, OUI, PARIS - Saturday, April 23 @ 6:30-9:00 pm (demonstration)
- Enjoy a rosemary-lemon vodka fizz, blue cheese-walnut-port wine pâté served with crostini, farro and spring vegetable salad with lemon vinaigrette, feta and herb-crusted salmon, French lentils with spinach and red wine, plus orange-ginger beer cake with chocolate sorbet.
MOM'S THE WORD - Sunday, May 8 @ 1:00-3:30 pm (hands-on)
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: SALSA SALSA DINE AND DANCE - Saturday, May 14 @ 6:00-9:00 pm (hands-on)
- Grab your partner and join us for a unique experience of dancing and dining. The evening begins with a one-hour Latin salsa dance lesson with a dance instructor from COCA, that will spark your appetite for a memorable evening in the kitchen. Refresh your thirst with a mojito, as this hands-on class prepares fried corn tortilla chips with black bean dip, grilled shrimp quesadillas with smoked tomato salsa, roasted pork tenderloin with papaya-mango salsa and yellow Cuban rice, plus banana cream pie with chocolate crumb crust.
VITAMIX - THE REAL POWER TOOL - Saturday, May 21 @ 12:00-2:30 pm (hands-on)
- Whether you own a Vitamix or are thinking about adding this powerful tool to your kitchen, this class is designed to optimize its strength, from piping hot soups to refreshing smoothies. We'll make bacon-cheddar potato soup, "beet-iful" fruit and vegetable smoothie, spinach salad with strawberry vinaigrette, black bean burgers with sriracha aïoli, pasta with broccoli pesto, plus chocolate-espresso fondue and lemon curd served with fresh fruit.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: SUSHI U FOR TWO - Saturday, June 4 @ 6:00-8:30 pm (hands-on)
- Menu includes tempura-fried shrimp rolls, sesame tuna hand rolls, unagi smoked eel rolls, spicy scallop rolls, hot-smoked salmon rolls with mango and jalapeño, plus green tea ice cream - all served with cold beer.
HEIR AND A PARENT: WIZARDS IN THE KITCHEN - Sunday, June 5 @ 12:30-3:00 pm (hands-on)
- Attention all Muggles! Experience the world of Harry Potter and make magic in the kitchen as we prepare delightful dishes described throughout the J.K. Rowling series, including The Three Broomsticks' butterbeer, ham-and-cheese pasties from the Hogwarts house-elves, and Mrs. Weasley's potatoes with béchamel sauce. Before you apparate home, you'll make Aunt Petunia's individual berry-pudding trifles. This class is designed for children, at least 7 years of age, plus a parent.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: LIFE IS A CABERNET - Friday, June 17 @ 6:00-8:30 pm (hands-on)
- We will prepare mushroom-red pepper salad with red wine-herb vinaigrette, oven-roasted beef tenderloin with roasted red grape wine sauce, homemade black pepper fettuccine with chardonnay cream sauce, plus fabulous flourless chocolate-red wine cake with rosemary ganache -- all enjoyed with a glass of cabernet wine.
GIRLS' NIGHT OUT: MISSION SHRIMP-OSSIBLE - Saturday, June 25 @ 6:30-9:00 pm (demonstration)
- Sip on a blueberry-watermelon margarita, as I prepare shrimp and corn fritters with avocado hollandaise, smoked shrimp salad with orange-cumin vinaigrette, coconut shrimp bisque, shrimp and crab enchiladas with jalapeño cream sauce, cilantro-lime black beans and rice, plus strawberry shortcakes with mascarpone ice cream.