Kitchen Conservatory's winter schedule is now available online and runs through March.
I'm teaching a few demonstration classes: Girls' Night Out classes out on a champagne-laden menu on December 19, Korean food on February 20, and a dip extravaganza on March 19.
My Date Night for Couples classes include a beer pairing on December 7, an ultimate cocktail party on December 20, a salsa dance & dinner class on January 23, and a chili cook-off on January 31.
My Valentine's Day class is on February 6 and features soufflé with lobster sauce & seared scallops with champagne-balsamic glaze.
Below is my schedule. To register, call Kitchen Conservatory at 314-862-2665 or register online.
GIRLS' NIGHT OUT: BUBBLES - Saturday, December 19 @ 6:00-8:30 (demonstration)
- Who doesn't love the sound of a popping champagne cork? Celebrate the season as I create elderflower-gin champagne cocktail, prosciutto puff pastry twists with champagne mustard, lobster-citrus salad with avocado and fennel and champagne vinaigrette, pan-roasted chicken au Champagne with mushrooms in champagne cream sauce, truffled smashed potatoes, plus salted chocolate shortbread with pink champagne sorbet.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: THE ULTIMATE COCKTAIL PARTY - Sunday, December 20 @ 5:00-7:30 (hands-on)
- We will mix up Hemingway daiquiris and pear old-fashioneds. Learn to create a dazzling spread of smoked deviled eggs with quick pickled jalapeños, roasted red pepper and pomegranate hummus with crudités and homemade crackers, Korean-style barbecue pork skewers, savory butternut-goat cheese tarts with fried sage, plus saffron lollipops.
SATURDAY NIGHT SUSHI - Saturday, January 16 @ 6:00-8:30 (hands-on)
- Menu includes tempura vegetables, miso soup, edamame salad with ginger-soy dressing, crab and mango inside-out rolls with teriyaki glaze, spicy tuna hand rolls, crunchy shrimp rolls with avocado-chile cream, and sweet plum ice cream.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: SALSA SALSA DINE AND DANCE - Saturday, January 23 @ 6:00-9:00 (hands-on)
- Grab your partner and join us for a unique experience of dancing and dining. The evening begins with a one-hour Latin salsa dance lesson with a dance instructor from COCA, that will spark your appetite for a memorable evening in the kitchen. Afterwards, refresh your thirst with a mojito, then enjoy fried corn tortilla chips with black bean dip, grilled shrimp quesadillas with smoked tomato salsa, roasted pork tenderloin with papaya-mango salsa and yellow Cuban rice, plus banana cream pie with chocolate crumb crust.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: THE BIG CHILL-I COOK-OFF - Sunday, January 31 @ 5:00-7:30 (hands-on)
- Let the battle begin, as couples create and choose their favorite chili for a spirited evening of cooking, fun, and a little beer to wash it down. Learn to make roasted corn and jalapeño dip with fresh tortilla chips, Carolina pulled pork chili, Cincinnati chili with spaghetti, "real" Texas chili (without beans), and delicious root beer sorbet.
VALENTINE FOR COUPLES: SEDUCED BY SHELLFISH - Saturday, February 6 @ 6:00-8:30 (hands-on)
- Learn to make red pepper bisque "cappuccino" with gruyère and smoked paprika crackers topped with foamed cream, goat cheese soufflé with creamy lobster sauce and arugula salad, seared scallops with champagne-balsamic glaze, pommes Anna, pancetta-wrapped roasted asparagus with citrus vinaigrette, plus white chocolate-raspberry tart.
GIRLS' NIGHT OUT: HEART AND SEOUL - Saturday, February 20 @ 6:30-9:00 (demonstration)
- This Korean-inspired menu features persimmon-ginger-champagne punch cocktail, shrimp and scallion pancakes with spicy garlic dipping sauce, barbecue chicken lettuce wraps, braised beef noodles with sparkling white kimchi, plus chestnut-ginger cookies.
HEIR AND A PARENT: WIZARDS IN THE KITCHEN - Sunday, February 28 @ 12:30-3:00 (hands-on)
- Attention all Muggles! Experience the world of Harry Potter and make magic in the kitchen as I help you prepare delightful dishes described throughout the J.K. Rowling series, including The Three Broomsticks' butterbeer, ham-and-cheese pasties from the Hogwarts house-elves, and Mrs. Weasley's potatoes with béchamel sauce. Before you apparate home, you'll make Aunt Petunia's individual berry-pudding trifles. This class is designed for children, at least 7 years of age, plus a parent.
VITAMIX: THE SMOOTH OPERATOR - Sunday, March 6 @ 12:30-3:00 (hands-on)
- Whether you own a Vitamix or are thinking about adding this powerful tool to your kitchen, this hands-on class is designed to optimize its strength, from piping hot soups to refreshing smoothies. Join me to create creamy leek-artichoke-potato soup, cauliflower crust pizzas with a variety of classic toppings, apple pie smoothie, edamame dip with baked sesame won ton chips, grilled asparagus with lemon aïoli, plus carrot cake muffins with strawberry-chia jam.
GIRLS' NIGHT OUT: ZIPPITY-DIPPITY-DOO-DAH - Saturday, March 19 @ 6:30-9:00 (demonstration)
- A delicious evening of dips and dishes headed is your way. Enjoy white cheddar-roasted garlic-sriracha dip with baked pita chips, red wine bagna cauda with crudités, warm skillet bread with spinach-artichoke dip, grilled shrimp and sausage with harissa-honey dip, plus sweet cannoli dip with homemade graham crackers.