SUMMERTIME! I'm so ready for a break and looking forward to a fun summer...which includes teaching new cooking classes.
Some new menus include a summer supper for couples (June 12), a dessert & cocktail pairing demo class (June 26), a class all about miso (July 18), two Girls' Night Out classes (August 29 & September 12), a sweet & savory Sunday brunch (September 6), and a spicy lunch (September 19)
Below is my schedule through September. To register, call Kitchen Conservatory at 314-862-2665 or register online.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: AN A-FARE TO REMEMBER - Sunday, June 7 @ 5:00-7:30 pm (hands-on).
- Discover the fun of cooking together, as this class prepares grilled panzanella salad, rosemary fried chicken, mac-and-cheese with peas and bacon, ratatouille, plus caramel apple galette, with two remarkable beer pairings ideal for dinner and dessert.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: SUMMER LOVIN' - Friday, June 12 @ 6:00-8:30 pm (hans-on)
- Grab your partner and fall in love with the smells and flavors of summertime. This class will create "BLT" bruschetta with pepper-jelly bacon and tomato jam, classic Caesar salad with smoky shrimp and zucchini, grilled spatchcock chicken with bourbon barbecue sauce, crispy and cheesy hasselback roasted potatoes, plus blueberry pound cake with lemon glaze and limoncello gelato.
GIRLS' NIGHT OUT: BUTTER + SCOTCH - Friday, June 26 @ 6:00-8:30 (demonstration)
- Inspired by a trendy New York retro-style cafe and bar that serves cupcakes and cocktails, I will serve up an outstanding selection of sips and sweets. Enjoy butterscotch cupcakes with scotch-lemonade punch, raspberry-bourbon gelatin shooters - because Jello shots are the original dessert and booze pairing, ginger-lime-rum Dark & Stormy popcorn served with its namesake cocktail, s'mores pie with vanilla-orange prosecco cocktail, plus honey-nut shortbread with an espresso martini.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: HIGH STEAKS - Sunday, July 5 @5:00-7:30 (hands-on)
- This class will create bruschetta with seasonal fruit, brie and fennel-infused honey, smoked lentil salad with creamy Sriracha dressing, cedar-grilled flat iron steaks with cayenne-coffee rub, sweet potato and goat cheese "tater tots", bacon-wrapped green beans with brown sugar and garlic butter, plus salted caramel pots de crème.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: GOLDILOCKS AND THE THREE BEERS - Friday, July 10 @ 6:00-8:30 (hands-on)
- Join me (aka"goldie" locks) in a fun class that prepare beer cheese fondue with soft pretzels, local lager with spicy Sriracha chicken wings, fruity Belgian wheat beer with grilled scallops and corn salad, plus creamy stout with chocolate hazelnut cake and vanilla ice cream.
SATURDAY NIGHT SUSHI - Saturday, July 25 @ 6:30-9:00 (hands-on)
- Menu includes tempura vegetables, miso soup, edamame salad with ginger-soy dressing, crab and mango inside-out rolls with teriyaki glaze, spicy tuna hand rolls, crunchy shrimp rolls with avocado-chile cream, and sweet plum ice cream.
WE SO LIKE MISO - Tuesday, July 18 @6:30-9:00 (hands-on)
- Discover the versatility of cooking with miso from delicate preparations to hearty and flavorful dishes. This class will create ginger-miso sweet pea dip served with fried wonton chips, miso and honey-glazed salmon, wild rice salad with miso-sesame dressing, miso pasta carbonara with broccoli and red pepper flakes, plus miso-caramel ice cream.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: SUSHI U FOR TWO - Saturday, August 1 @6:00-8:30 pm (hands-on).
- Menu includes tempura-fried shrimp rolls, sesame tuna hand rolls, unagi smoked eel rolls, spicy scallop rolls, hot-smoked salmon rolls with mango and jalapeño, plus ginger-peach green tea ice cream - all served with cold beer.
HEIR AND A PARENT: WIZARDS IN THE KITCHEN - Sunday, August 23 @12:30-3:00 pm (hands-on)
- Attention all Muggles! Experience the world of Harry Potter and make magic in the kitchen as we prepare delightful dishes described throughout the J.K. Rowling series, including The Three Broomsticks' butterbeer, ham-and-cheese pasties from the Hogwarts house-elves, Mrs. Weasley's potatoes with béchamel sauce, and Aunt Petunia's individual berry-pudding trifles. This class is designed for children, at least 7 years of age, plus a parent.
GIRLS' NIGHT OUT: THIS GIRL IS ON FIRE - Saturday, August 29 @6:30-9:00 pm (demonstration)
- Enjoy a prosecco cocktail, antipasti with marinated mozzarella and citrus-roasted olives, shrimp scampi with fennel, seared scallops on balsamic-tomato risotto, plus individual limoncello tiramisù.
SUNDAY FUN DAY - Sunday, September 6 @ 1:00-3:30 pm (hands-on)
- Before we say goodbye to summer, let's celebrate the holiday weekend with exciting sweet and savory dishes. This class will make bourbon kettle corn, chicken and waffles with cornflake-encrusted chicken and bacon-chive waffles served with maple pan gravy, Monte Cristo sliders with strawberry-tomato jam, smashed sweet potatoes with lemon-garlic aïoli, plus apple pie with a cheddar-vodka crust.
GIRLS' NIGHT OUT: COLOR ME AUTUMN - Saturday, September 12 @6:30-9:00 pm (demonstration)
- Sip on a maple Manhattan cocktail, then enjoy roasted fennel hummus with red pepper oil and baked pita chips, Brussels sprouts and pear panzanella salad with creamy pomegranate dressing, coq au Riesling, fresh cavatelli pasta with green apple pesto, plus pumpkin gooey butter cake with white chocolate sorbet.
ORIGINAL CIN - Saturday, September 19 @12:00-2:30 pm (demonstration)
- Sip on a ginger champagne cocktail, and enjoy Sriracha caramel popcorn, roasted carrot-red quinoa salad with spiced lemon vinaigrette, kung pao shrimp and scallop noodles, plus chai tea cake with cinnamon ice cream.
Post a Comment