I'm teaching a Weekend Dinner Party demo class (October 26) featuring some of my favorite recipes from Nigella Lawson that ends with a luscious flourless chocolate-lime cake with tequila-lime whipped cream.
As usual, I'm teaching several couples classes: Cajun food & hard ciders (September 21), sushi (October 19), comfort foods (October 27), a chili cook-off (November 10), and the ultimate holiday cocktail party (December 22).
I'm also repeating my best-selling kids' class, the "Heir And A Parent" class where we make all foods from the Harry Potter books (November 3).
Here is my schedule through December. To register, call Kitchen Conservatory at 314-862-2665 or register online.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: COCKTAIL SHAKERS - August 31 @ 6:00-8:30 (hands-on)
- It's a summer cocktail party! We'll sip raspberry mojitos & summer shandy cocktails and dine on antipasto skewers with vodka-spiked tomatoes, grilled bacon-wrapped chorizo-cream cheese-stuffed jalapeños, mini lobster and shrimp rolls, Thai beef lettuce wraps, plus fresh fruit with salted caramel dipping sauce.
GIRLS' NIGHT OUT: BEAM ME UP, BISCOTTI - September 14 @ 6:30-9:00 (demonstration)
- Enjoy a limoncello mimosa, prosciutto and pea bruschetta with homemade herbed ricotta cheese, black pepper pappardelle with creamy garlic mushroom sauce, plus red wine-poached pears with honey mascarpone and almond biscotti.
- This hands-on class for couples is all about the Cajun cuisine of New Orleans and hard ciders! I've selected two ciders to pair with a menu of fried pickles, bacon-wrapped grilled jalapeños stuffed with chorizo, andouille-pork burgers, sweet potato fries, red beans and rice, plus white chocolate bread pudding with bourbon sauce.
- Create tempura-fried shrimp rolls, sesame tuna hand rolls, unagi smoked eel rolls, spicy scallop rolls, hot-smoked salmon rolls with mango and jalapeño, plus ginger-peach green tea ice cream - all served with cold beer.
WEEKEND DINNER PARTY: CLASSIC NIGELLA - October 26 @ 6:30-9:00 (demonstration)
- Looking for a different Saturday night dinner experience? Whether you are dining solo or have a date, everyone is welcome at this lively dinner party inspired by Nigella Lawson, starting with mozzarella bruschetta with red chile gremolata. Enjoy a Pimm's Cup cocktail, creamy curried spinach and coconut soup, sautéed shrimp served on black rice salad with spicy ginger dressing, plus flourless chocolate-lime cake with tequila-lime whipped cream.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: AN A-FARE TO REMEMBER - October 27 @ 5:00-7:30 (hands-on)
- Discover the fun of cooking together, as the class prepares grilled panzanella salad, rosemary fried chicken, mac-and-cheese with peas and bacon, ratatouille, plus caramel apple galette, with two remarkable beer pairings ideal for dinner and dessert.
HEIR AND A PARENT: WIZARDS IN THE KITCHEN - November 3 @ 1:00-3:30 (hands-on)
- Attention all Muggles! Experience the world of Harry Potter and make magic in the kitchen as I help you prepare delightful dishes described throughout the J.K. Rowling series, including The Three Broomsticks' butterbeer, ham-and-cheese pasties from the Hogwarts house-elves, Mrs. Weasley's potatoes with béchamel sauce, and Aunt Petunia's individual berry-pudding trifles. This class is designed for children, at least 7 years of age, plus a parent.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: THE BIG CHILL-I COOK-OFF - November 10 @ 5:00-7:30 (hands-on)
- Let the battle begin, as couples create and choose their favorite chili for a spirited evening of cooking, fun, and a little beer to wash it down. Learn to make roasted corn and jalapeño dip with fresh tortilla chips, Carolina pulled pork chili, Cincinnati chili with spaghetti, "real" Texas chili (without beans), and finish with delicious root beer sorbet.
GIRLS' NIGHT OUT: WHEN PIGS FLY - November 23 @ 6:30-9:00 (demonstration)
- Enjoy five-spice pork rillettes on crostini, spinach-dried cherry-pecan salad in crispy prosciutto cups, individual sausage and bean cassoulet, plus candied bacon ice cream.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: LIFE IS A CABERNET - December 7 @ 6:00-8:30 (hands-on)
- Learn to cook with the wonderful flavors of wine! The class will prepare mushroom-red pepper salad with red wine-herb vinaigrette, oven-roasted beef tenderloin with roasted red grape wine sauce, homemade black pepper fettuccine with chardonnay cream sauce, plus fabulous flourless chocolate-red wine cake with rosemary ganache -- all enjoyed with a glass of cabernet wine.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: SALSA SALSA DINE AND DANCE - December 21 @ 6:00-9:00 (hands-on)
- Grab your partner and join us for a unique experience of dancing and dining. The evening begins with a one-hour Latin salsa dance lesson with a dance instructor from COCA, that will spark your appetite for an incredible evening in the kitchen. Refresh your thirst with a mojito, as this hands-on class prepares fried corn tortilla chips with black bean dip, grilled shrimp quesadillas with smoked tomato salsa, roasted pork tenderloin with papaya-mango salsa and yellow Cuban rice, plus banana cream pie with chocolate crumb crust.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: THE ULTIMATE COCKTAIL PARTY - December 22 @ 5:00-7:30 (hands-on)
- In the midst of a festive holiday season, join me in creating the ultimate cocktail party. This hands-on class will mix up cranberry-champagne sangria and gingersnap-apple vodka martinis. Learn to create a dazzling spread of roasted five-spice cashews, baked cheddar coins with pecan-pepper jelly, caramelized onion bread topped with olives and anchovies, smoked shrimp with cilantro-lime yogurt dipping sauce, plus homemade marshmallow s'more skewers.