Kitchen Conservatory's summer schedule is now posted online. To register, call Kitchen Conservatory at 314-862-2665 or register online.
This schedule features many brand new class themes and menus. My new "date night for couples" classes include a burger throwdown (June 17), a summer cocktail party (July 20), and a shrimp boil (September 23). New "girls night out" classes feature cool summer menus, like picnic favorites (June 29) and summer pastas (July 6).
I'll be teaching a few other cool hands-on classes as well. One will be all about my favorite kitchen appliance, the Vitamix (July 22). There's also a fun summer brunch class (July 25) and a grilling & beer class (August 25).
Hope to see you there!
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: 1960'S COCKTAIL PARTY - June 9 @ 6:00-8:30 (hands-on)
- Inspired by Mad Men and the pop culture of the 1960's, we'll be creating modernized versions of dishes for a divine cocktail party. Sip on a Tom Collins after you prepare caramelized onion dip with white crudités, clams casino, Swedish meatballs with black currant dipping sauce, cheddar-gorgonzola cheese balls with bacon and smoky almonds, deviled ham canapés, plus mini dark chocolate bundt cakes with spiced rum glaze.
- Muggles and wizards gather for a fun afternoon concocting delicious treats from Honeyduke's Desserts. Satisfy your sweet tooth, with Hagrid's treacle fudge, Mrs. Weasley's strawberry ice cream, marshmallow crumpets, pumpkin pasties, and amazing warm and frothy butterbeer. This class is designed for children, at least 7 years of age, plus a parent.
- Before the weekend comes to an end, spend a relaxing evening with the girls and a glass of wine, as I prepare an amazing array of tapas. Enjoy roasted olives spiced with orange and chile, stilton-walnut shortbread with pears and mascarpone, grilled bruschetta with tuna and capers drizzled with lemon oil, fried goat cheese with spicy tomato chutney, polenta bites with roasted mushrooms and caramelized onions, plus chocolate lavender truffles.
- Discover your favorite burger, as this hands-on class for couples creates three remarkable burgers, starting with panini-style grilled Cuban burgers with ham, Swiss cheese and pickles. Also learn to make Carolina-style barbecue pork bacon burgers topped with cabbage slaw with honey-mustard sauce, tuna burgers with garlic-tomato aïoli, beer-battered onion rings with blue cheese dipping sauce, plus mouth-watering roasted pineapple-rum milkshakes.
- Join your partner for a crash course in sushi, with a taste test for the final exam to discover the favorites of the evening. This hands-on class will create tempura-fried shrimp rolls, sesame tuna hand rolls, unagi smoked eel rolls, spicy scallop rolls, hot-smoked salmon rolls with mango and jalapeño, plus ginger-peach green tea ice cream - all served with cold beer.
- Come in out of the sweltering heat and enjoy a summer meal with the girls. Menu includes refreshing watermelon margaritas, green gazpacho shooters, shaved asparagus salad with parmesan dressing, grilled tilapia with cherry salsa served with lemon rice and crispy basil, plus chocolate-ricotta icebox cake.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: LIFE IS A CABERNET - July 1 @ 5:00-7:30 (hands-on)
- Learn to cook with the wonderful flavors of wine as we prepare mushroom-red pepper salad with red wine-herb vinaigrette, oven-roasted beef tenderloin with roasted red grape wine sauce, homemade ravioli stuffed with ricotta and nuts with a creamy asparagus chardonnay sauce, plus fabulous flourless chocolate-red wine cake with rosemary ganache -- all enjoyed with cabernet wine.
- Celebrate summer with the girls, as I share a stunning array of summertime pasta dishes starting with soba noodle salad with ginger-sesame dressing. I'll also prepare an Italian greyhound cocktail with rosemary sugar, Margherita linguini with raw tomato-basil sauce, seared scallops with orzo and mascarpone-lemon sauce, plus sensational strawberry tiramisù.
- Shake things up a little in this fun summer cocktail party. We'll enjoy raspberry mojitos, summer shandy cocktails, antipasto skewers with vodka-spiked tomatoes, grilled bacon-wrapped chorizo & cream cheese-stuffed jalapeños, mini lobster and shrimp rolls, Thai beef lettuce wraps, plus fresh fruit with salted caramel dipping sauce.
- Whether you own a Vitamix or are thinking about adding this power tool to your kitchen, this hands-on class is designed to optimize its power, from piping hot soups to frozen desserts. Join me in creating orange-lemon-lime whole fruit margaritas, tomato-basil bisque with garlic-feta pâté on crostini, spinach and goat cheese salad with raspberry balsamic vinaigrette, grilled pork chops with blackberry five-spice sauce, plus honey-peach sorbet.
- Create a sophisticated summer brunch menu perfect for a Sunday morning or a romantic weeknight soirée. The menu includes tequila sunrise cocktails, mango spring rolls with peanut sauce, smoked salmon cobb salad, penne frittata with ricotta cheese and basil, bacon-cheddar scones, plus mini pavlovas with berries and lemon curd.
- Suzanne Collins’s popular book series is filled with vivid descriptions of food, especially the decadent meals eaten by the tributes in the Capital. Learn to prepare some of Katniss’s favorite foods, including District 11's crescent moon poppy seed rolls, Prim's goat cheese-basil bundles, The Capital's chicken in orange cream sauce with steamed rice, Cinna’s honey pudding and Mr. Mellark's sugar cookies. And may the odds be ever in your favor! This class is designed for children, at least 7 years of age, plus a parent.
- Enjoy smoked salmon rillettes, grilled lamb chops with harissa sauce, tomato-herb couscous, roasted asparagus with miso butter, plus strawberry-balsamic ice cream.
- For aspiring chefs, children ages 7 to 12. Get out of the house today and into the kitchen rolling sushi! Start by making sticky sushi rice, then prepare and choose your favorite ingredients to create a variety of maki rolls, including tuna, crab, shrimp, and colorful vegetables.
- Come over to the other side of the counter to master cooking in our special participation classes. For those who are interested in learning more about how to cook, A Day in the Kitchen offers an in-depth mastery of specific culinary arts. These classes are limited to eight people and each one receives either a Kitchen Conservatory embroidered cotton apron or shirt. Spend a day in the kitchen creating extraordinary dishes from David Chang's Momofuku cookbook with recipes from his award-winning restaurants, including ginger-scallion noodles, steamed pork belly buns with quick salt pickles, chicken wing confit, pan-roasted asparagus with slow poached egg and miso butter, bacon dashi with potatoes and clams, grilled lemongrass pork sausage ssäm - lettuce wraps, cereal milk panna cotta, plus the infamous "crack pie."
- Grab your partner and join us for a unique experience of dancing and dining. The evening begins with a one-hour Latin salsa dance lesson with a dance instructor from COCA, that will spark your appetite for an incredible evening in the kitchen. Refresh your thirst with a mojito, as this hands-on class prepares fried plantain chips with black bean dip, grilled shrimp quesadillas with smoked tomato salsa, grilled pork tenderloin with papaya-mango salsa and yellow Cuban rice, plus banana cream pie.
- Let's create serious fun in the lab kitchen as this hands-on class concocts sesame-honey pork meatballs, grilled local salsiccia with grilled fennel relish, sweet corn pudding, seared romaine with balsamic vinaigrette, plus chocolate whoopie pies with salted caramel filling. Enjoy two beer pairings that have been perfectly calculated.
- Forget the porridge, chair, and sleeping - the three tastings of beer will be just right and plenty cold! Join me (aka"goldie" locks) in a fun evening designed for couples. This hands-on class will prepare beer cheese fondue with soft pretzels, local lager with spicy Sriracha chicken wings, fruity Belgian wheat beer with grilled scallops and corn salad, plus creamy stout with chocolate hazelnut cake and vanilla ice cream.
- Spend a festive evening with your partner creating a modern shindig with Cajun lemonade, cheddar-ale spread with homemade crackers, stovetop shrimp boil with spicy andouille sausage and baby potatoes, creamed summer corn, plus strawberry-balsamic ice cream with lime shortbread.
Post a Comment