Kitchen Conservatory's fall schedule is now posted online. To register, call Kitchen Conservatory at 314-862-2665 or register online.
My new menus include a pasta class for kids (September 1), a stovetop shrimp boil (September 23), a girls' night out inspired by my friend Iron Stef featuring all kinds of BALLS (October 27), a Mexican themed girls' night out (November 3), and the ultimate holiday cocktail party (December 9).
Hope to see you there!
FRANK 'N STEIN - August 26 @ 1:00-3:30 (hands-on)
- Let's create serious fun in the lab kitchen as this hands-on class concocts sesame-honey pork meatballs, grilled local salsiccia with grilled fennel relish, sweet corn pudding, seared romaine with balsamic vinaigrette, plus chocolate whoopie pies with salted caramel filling. Enjoy two beer pairings that have been perfectly calculated.
- For aspiring chefs, children from ages 7 to 12. Keep your eye on the meatball, so that it doesn't roll off the table, and spend a fun morning creating homemade spaghetti noodles. Learn to make three sauces, including marinara sauce, cheesy Alfredo sauce, plus meatballs and sauce. Finish with chocolate gelato for dessert.
- Forget the porridge, chair, and sleeping - the three tastings of beer will be just right and plenty cold! Join me (aka"goldilocks," though now I am red-headed) in a fun evening designed for couples. This hands-on class will prepare beer cheese fondue with soft pretzels, local lager with spicy Sriracha chicken wings, fruity Belgian wheat beer with grilled scallops and corn salad, plus creamy stout with chocolate hazelnut cake and vanilla ice cream.
- Spend a festive evening with your partner creating a modern shindig with Cajun lemonade, cheddar-ale spread with homemade crackers, stovetop shrimp boil with spicy andouille sausage and baby potatoes, creamed summer corn, plus strawberry-balsamic ice cream with lime shortbread.
- Mac-and-cheese has never tasted so sophisticated! Couples will love the adult version of three luscious interpretations of this classic dish, as this hands-on class creates orzo with mascarpone and butter-poached lobster, ultimate mac-and-cheese with peas and bacon, plus souffléed mac-and-cheese with gouda and smoked paprika. The class will also prepare a rum-ginger beer cocktail, fennel-apple salad with apple cider vinaigrette, and refreshing key lime sorbet.
- Muggles and wizards gather for a fun afternoon concocting delicious treats from Honeydukes Sweetshop. Satisfy your sweet tooth, with Hagrid's treacle fudge, Mrs. Weasley's strawberry ice cream, marshmallow crumpets, pumpkin pasties, and amazing warm and frothy butterbeer. This class is designed for children, at least 7 years of age, plus a parent.
- If you feel that you have been going in circles all week, gather your girlfriends for an evening that will certainly be a ball! I'll prepare pecan-goat cheese balls with "drunken" grapes, pork meatball bahn mi sandwiches, Italian wedding soup with chicken meatballs, peanut butter-bacon-chocolate truffles, plus white wine-melon ball-berry sangria.
- Indulge your guilty pleasures for craving Mexican cuisine, as I make a Mexican chocolate martini, fried avocado rolls with cilantro dipping sauce, chile-crab enchiladas with green chiles and homemade sauce, roasted street corn salad with spicy Mexican crema dressing and cojita cheese, plus tequila-lime sorbet.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: BEER TODAY, GONE TOMORROW - November 11 @ 5:00-7:30 (hands-on)
- Raise a toast of cheer with an ice-cold beer! I share my appreciation for beer with this hands-on class designed for couples, as a variety of beers is a key ingredient in all recipes. Learn to make soft pretzels with Welsh rarebit, beer-steamed mussels with chorizo sausage, braised Korean beef short ribs, spicy Spanish potatoes, plus chocolate stout cake with cream cheese icing.
- Learn to cook with the wonderful flavors of wine as we prepare mushroom-red pepper salad with red wine-herb vinaigrette, oven-roasted beef tenderloin with roasted red grape wine sauce, homemade ravioli stuffed with ricotta and nuts with a creamy asparagus chardonnay sauce, plus fabulous flourless chocolate-red wine cake with rosemary ganache -- all enjoyed with a glass of cabernet wine.
- Before they start playing Auld Lang Syne in a few weeks, join me in the kitchen with your partner to create the ultimate cocktail party. This class will mix up pomegranate martinis and orange-rosemary mojitos. Learn to create a dazzling spread of twice-baked baby potatoes with smoked salmon and dill, corn and crab fritters with chipotle aïoli, grilled chicken skewers with pumpkin-molasses barbecue sauce, homemade ricotta bruschetta with fig jam, bacon-cheddar palmiers, plus s’more shooters for dessert.
- Grab your partner and join us for a unique experience of dancing and dining. The evening begins with a one-hour Latin salsa dance lesson with a dance instructor from COCA, that will spark your appetite for an incredible evening in the kitchen. Refresh your thirst with a mojito as you prepare fried plantain chips with black bean dip, grilled shrimp quesadillas with smoked tomato salsa, grilled pork tenderloin with papaya-mango salsa and yellow Cuban rice, plus banana cream pie with chocolate crumb crust.