I'm teaching a few of new classes this spring: one for kids & parents featuring foods from the second Hunger Games book (March 29), a Mother's Day brunch (May 11), and a Girls Night Out appetizers class (June 20).
Several of my most popular classes are being repeated: Latin salsa dancing & Cuban food (May 9), cooking with wine (June 7), and sushi (June 29).
Below is my schedule through June. To register, call Kitchen Conservatory at 314-862-2665 or register online.
THE APPRENTICE CHEF: ON TOP OF SPAGHETTI - March 8 @ 10:30 12:30 (hands-on)
- For aspiring chefs, children from ages 7 to 12. We'll make homemade spaghetti noodles with meatballs, marinara sauce, & cheesy Alfredo sauce, and chocolate gelato for dessert.
- Learn to prepare coconut bisque with rum flambé, macadamia-crusted scallops with rum beurre blanc, jerk pork tenderloin with spiced rum glaze, Caribbean rice, mini-hot buttered rum cheesecakes with caramel sauce, plus a piña-limonada cocktail.
HEIR AND A PARENT: THE GIRL ON FIRE - March 29 @ 10:30-1:00 (hands-on)
- Feast like "The Girl on Fire" with a meal inspired by Suzanne Collins's Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire. Learn to prepare Peeta's raisin nut bread with fresh ricotta cheese, District 4's grilled shrimp with chile-tomato sauce, Katniss's favorite lamb stew, plus The Capitol's chocolate custard with cherry flambé. This class is designed for children, at least 7 years of age, plus a parent.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: SALSA SALSA DINE AND DANCE - May 9 @ 6:00-9:00 (hands-on)
- Grab your partner and join us for a unique experience of dancing and dining. The evening begins with a one-hour Latin salsa dance lesson with a dance instructor from COCA, that will spark your appetite for an incredible evening in the kitchen. Refresh your thirst with a mojito, as you dine on fried corn tortilla chips with black bean dip, grilled shrimp quesadillas with smoked tomato salsa, roasted pork tenderloin with papaya-mango salsa & yellow Cuban rice, plus banana cream pie with chocolate crumb crust.
MOM'S THE WORD - May 11 @ 1:00-3:30 (hands-on)
- Surprise Mom with a unique celebration of her day, as you create a tasty brunch, starting with asparagus-gruyère tart. Learn to prepare herb-olive oil scones, Bloody Mary tomato soup, Greek-style baked eggs in ham cups, mocha caramel affogato, plus a sangria mimosa to raise a toast to Mom.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: LIFE IS A CABERNET - June 7 @ 6:00-8:30 (hands-on)
- Learn to cook with the wonderful flavors of wine! The class will prepare mushroom-red pepper salad with red wine-herb vinaigrette, oven-roasted beef tenderloin with roasted red grape wine sauce, homemade black pepper fettuccine with chardonnay cream sauce, plus fabulous flourless chocolate-red wine cake with rosemary ganache -- all enjoyed with a glass of cabernet wine.
GIRLS' NIGHT OUT: LESS IS MORE - June 20 @ 6:00-8:30 (demonstration)
- Enjoy mini blue cheese scones with pinot noir butter, smoked baba ganoush with pita chips, kale Caesar salad with lemon-pepper croutons, roasted salmon bites with chile-caper vinaigrette, plus a white chocolate tart with blueberries and hazelnut praline.
DATE NIGHT FOR COUPLES: SUSHI U FOR TWO - June 29 @ 5:00-7:30 (hands-on)
- This menu includes tempura-fried shrimp rolls, sesame tuna hand rolls, smoked eel rolls, spicy scallop rolls, hot-smoked salmon rolls with mango and jalapeño, plus ginger-peach green tea ice cream - all served with cold beer.